Max is Back


From the outset of this review I will tell you the truth - really liked this film - but there were small bits I think I'd do differently (but that is just me!).

So Mad Max: Fury Road burst its way onto the cinema screen and George Miller presents his post-apocalyptic dream of a world 45 years after civilisation effectively broke down. So this film is a reboot, not remake (so we are still dealing with the same Max from the first 3 films).

At the end of the film my wife said she felt like her ears had been assaulted from start to finish (yeah my wife and I have some drastic differences when it comes to films - but bless her soul she still comes to the cinema with me). However, and audio assault is pretty decent way of describing it. The sound helps to immerse you into Max's rather insane world.


When I left the cinema, I felt exhausted! From the outset of the film you join Tom Hardy in a heart-pumping and exhausting ride through the desert sands of a dying world.

The action just does not stop and for this type of film it works so well.

Apart from some of the sandstorm scenes, the use of CGI is minimal. George Miller relies on some good old fashioned filming to make the cinematic adventure work. Parts are colourful, parts are bleak. There are fires and explosions and it is simply awesome.

So the negative parts for me are things which I guess couldn't be changed. Tom Hardy is a good Max Rockatansky but sorry - he just isn't Mel Gibson. For me there is only one Max and its Mel. Tom Hardy does a great job but all the time I was sitting there wishing we had an older version of Max that Mel Gibson would have been awesome at. (Can I just say at this point though - I still really like Tom Hardy as actor!)

Do see Mad Max: Road Fury. Take some chocolate in with you as you will need a sugar boost while watching it!

This film gets one of my **** rating. 


The Jafwords rating system.
***** (Awesome)
**** (Almost awesome but with some flaws)
*** (To be honest it could have been better)
** (Struggling to say good things)
* (Dear director give me my money back)

Comments

A Tribute to my Dad

A Tribute to my Dad
Loved and Missed.

Popular posts from this blog

Warpath - A Star Trek Fan Comic (#FanFiction)

The Texture Tank Revisited - Film

A new week and an update.