REST IN PEACE - CARRIE FISHER

So what can I say about this? So very little to be honest - I feel so sad and shocked about the news and I have been trying to find the right words. Perhaps it is a little strange being so upset about the death of a woman I never met but the part she played had such a big impact on my life.

There was various reasons why I frequently become lost watching Star Wars over and over again since I was a young child. The reasons don't matter, it was a film filled with characters that I loved. The talent of the actors who made those characters come to life for me was massive. Carrie Fisher was incredible in her role as Princess Leia; she was stunning and always came across as warm, compassionate, caring soul. She was so incredibly gifted as an Actress and Writer. Her influence on me has been incredible.

You do accept one day that your heroes will pass away - we are all mortal after all; but I never thought I would create a post on this blog for her of this nature so soon. I just assumed she would live for many many years, and she really has been taken from us far too soon. 

However, I am speaking as a fan...I have also lost a parent around this time of year. Its hard, as Christmas always becomes a memory of that loss. Carrie's family will now experience this, and its a pain I would not wish on my worst enemy. And so, my thoughts and prayers are with her family at this most difficult time. 

She was a Princess to us all and she was always be Royalty to me...

REST IN PEACE
CARRIE FISHER

Comments

A Tribute to my Dad

A Tribute to my Dad
Loved and Missed.

Popular posts from this blog

A new week and an update.

The Texture Tank Revisited - Film

Warpath - A Star Trek Fan Comic (#FanFiction)