Where had my book gone?

 I have gone for a rather bold and unusual move for someone trying to make a little success in the world of writing. Where has my book gone? 

To answer that, I need to give a little background. I've not really been writing much. I think that much has been clear. I've been somewhat inactive. It's probably better that I update you on what I have on the go.

So, I have completed a full novel-length Star Trek FanFiction book - now that is something that will never see the light of day unless I can find some fanfiction website to put it on. It needs to be massively edited, and I can't dedicate that time to something that won't get viewed. 

So, why write it? 

It was practice. I needed to practice and write something that I love...and I love Star Trek, so it made perfect sense...what doesn't make sense is that I started to write a second Star Trek Novel. So I have now shelved that for the time being. 

My second novel, Outriders has been finished for several years. But it also needs to be edited. I started that process, but I need to return to it again.

I have started a third novel with a working title called "The Adventures of Walsh Mackenzie". Again, this is another project that I have had to put on hold. 

On the comic book side of things, I have a Star Trek comic project called Warpath that I have been working on. I intend to write a 3 part story. Part 1 has been completed with the artwork finished (when I say artwork, it is my creation using modelling software and a manga programme to help bring it to life". The script for Part 2 is completed, and the artwork is underway. Part 3 will follow when I am happy with Part 2.

There are two other comic book stories that I have begun, with Part 1 for both stories completed. One is called "Renovonoids", and the second is called "Elysium Rising".

So, yet again, where is the book I had for sale?

After speaking with a friend, I came to the realisation of how much I loved the first novel I wrote. But I have grown and developed as a writer so much since that time, and I can improve the story. So, that is my intention. I have taken it down and started the process of an edit and re-write, using some of the things I have learned over the last 20 years. It will be my intention to republish the book in 2023 and follow it up with my second novel.

I have also spent some time reviewing my website and social media - rebranding my images and logos to try and create a more uniform and consistent look.

I will attempt to keep the blog a little bit up to date with my progress. (I have said that a lot in the past, but I will try).

In the meantime, happy reading, folks.

Jafwords 

Comments

A Tribute to my Dad

A Tribute to my Dad
Loved and Missed.

Popular posts from this blog

The Texture Tank Revisited - Film

Warpath - A Star Trek Fan Comic (#FanFiction)

A new week and an update.